How Much a New Furnace Costs – Minneapolis St. Paul, MN
Save Big on Carrier Furnaces
- $500 OFF a Carrier furnace. Plus up to $500 rebates.
- 0% APR Financing on new furnace installation. Choose from a large selection of models.
- Save up to $3,075 on a 96% AFUE furnace and a high-efficiency AC.
We can offer you a wide range of brands and models from which to choose, including Carrier, Lennox, Payne, Goodman and Tempstar. The total cost of a furnace can vary widely, and is based on the brand and model along with the cost of installation and other factors. We’ll show you all available options, answer all of your questions and leave the final choice up to you. In most cases, we can supply your choice of furnace from our stock and install it either the same day or the next day.
If our experienced technician’s cost estimate to fix your existing furnace turns out to be very high, he’ll talk to you about options available, including a replacement. He can give you a good idea of the approximate cost for the equipment and installation and you can compare the estimated repair cost against that replacement cost. Ask about other pros and cons of repair or replacement options, too. At our Twin Cities heating and air conditioning company, we train our service technicians to help customers evaluate these options, so they can make an informed decision. If you decide to consider a replacement furnace, we’ll be glad to send one of our sales representatives to help you select a new unit that matches your exact needs and budget. Financing options are always available, of course.
Factors that Determine the Price of a Furnace
As the most reputable heating and cooling contractor in Minneapolis and St. Paul, we supply and install forced-air gas furnaces and central air conditioners by Carrier, Lennox, Payne, Goodman and Tempstar. Here are some factors that determine the price of a new furnace.
- Brand – There are a number of brands that are highly reputable. Some brands are known for their low prices and others are known for their advanced features and high energy efficiencies. We are an authorized dealer for Carrier, Lennox, Goodman, Payne and Tempstar.
- Efficiency – The heating fuel efficiency is gauged by the Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency or AFUE rating. Currently, most manufacturers make 80% AFUE furnaces and these units cost less than those rated 90% or above. The high-efficiency models have higher purchase prices, but the long-term cost of ownership is lower because of the energy savings.
- Capacity – The right furnace needs to be sized to fit your home. If the heating capacity is too low, your home will not be adequately heated. The higher capacity units are priced higher. Our expert will help you calculate the heating capacity needed for your house based on the total square footage and the layout of your house and present you a range of options.
- Model – Every manufacturer produces several model lines which vary in features, warranty, specifications and controls. For example, the Carrier Infinity models can be remotely controlled via the internet or smartphones from anywhere, giving homeowners greater ability to control temperatures, humidity and comfort.
- Installation – Every home is unique and every installation is different. The amount of work and materials required varies, depending on the brand and model you choose. When we provide you a free price quote, we will present you with various options and let you decide.
No matter where you live in the seven-county metro, we offer fast installation. We have over 35,000 satisfied customers in all Twin Cities communities, ranging from Oakdale, Lake Elmo, Mounds View and St. Louis Park to Robbinsdale, Richfield, Minnetonka and Plymouth, and from Blaine, Columbia Heights, Fridley and Lino Lakes to Chanhassen, Maplewood, Burnsville and Inver Grove Heights.
When to Replace Your Old or Broken Furnace
When your gas furnace stops working or has some other problem, fast, affordable repairs are always the goal. In the vast majority of cases, the fully qualified HVAC technicians at our heating and air conditioning company in Minneapolis can quickly fix most common problems and restore heat without delay. We know that most problems usually just require reasonably priced parts and a short time to make the repair. That’s the good news. The bad news is that a small number of problems are more serious and much more costly to repair. In some cases, the repair costs are high enough that it can make better economic sense to replace the entire furnace with a new one. Frankly, we don’t like that option any more than homeowners do, because we completely understand the dilemma. Here are some of the situations where a replacement should be considered:
- The Existing Furnace is Over 15 Years Old – Residential gas furnace technology has improved by leaps and bounds over the past 15 years. Older models are inefficient and costly to operate. If a simple, inexpensive repair can be made, keeping these old furnaces running can be a good option, but if a costly repair is required, it may make more sense to upgrade to a new high-efficiency model, rather than to make a repair on an outmoded system.
- Required Repairs Are Very Expensive – The most common repair that is very costly is replacing a cracked heat exchanger. This problem usually occurs in older gas furnaces, and requires an expensive component and extensive disassembly of the unit. It’s rare that a heat exchanger replacement makes good economic sense. Unless the manufacturer’s warranty covers such a replacement, you’ll probably be far better off with a new installation.
- Parts May Be Unavailable – For older furnaces and obsolete brands, the parts you need may not be available at all or may require shipping from a distant source. Typically such parts are expensive and you may not be able to wait for them during the winter months. Replacing an obsolete furnace that needs hard-to-get parts is often the best choice.
Highly-Rated Residential Heating and Air Conditioning Contractor
Unlike some local home heating and cooling contractors, our company never uses repair calls as a means of selling new furnaces or air conditioning systems to homeowners unnecessarily. Our team of superbly qualified repair technicians is dedicated to making affordable repairs to keep your HVAC equipment working correctly, safely and efficiently. Only if a repair will be too extensive or costly to make sense do we suggest the option of replacing your existing units. Then, we work with you to find a new high-efficiency gas furnace that is an exact match for your home and budget. Call us first if you’re having problems with your home’s HVAC system. We’ll help you with outstanding service and advice you can trust. Our customers’ needs always come first!