5 Most Common Furnace Service Calls – Minneapolis St. Paul, MN
As the leading home heating and cooling contractor in the Twin Cities, we have helped over 35,000 homeowners, landlords and other residents with problems with their forced-air heating and AC systems. Each winter, most service calls are due to loss of heat, when the furnace has stopped working. We have extensively trained, experienced HVAC technicians always available and ready to respond to these calls. Typically, the person calling often sounds worried and concerned about how much any needed heating repairs will cost. Long experience has shown us that most repairs are simple and affordable. A few common problems make up most of our calls, and we’re able to take care of the problem and fix the heating system quickly and at a cost that won’t break our customers’ budgets. Here are some of the most common reasons for a lack of heat in your home:
- Thermostat Problems – Whether the thermostat in your home is an older round Honeywell unit or a state-of-the-art digital programmable thermostat, if it’s not sending signals to your furnace properly, you won’t have heat. All too frequently, our technicians arrive to discover that a family member has changed the settings on the thermostat, resulting in a lack of heat. Check your thermostat’s settings before calling, and you may save the cost of a service call. Other problems, ranging from dead thermostat batteries, low-voltage wiring problems, or a thermostat failure, require repairs by our technicians.
- Electrical Problems – No forced-air heating system can operate without electricity. Before calling us for service, check your circuit breakers and the power switch mounted near your furnace. If these are off, resetting them could solve the problem. There’s no need to call during a power outage, either. When the power is restored, the problem will be solved. If your efforts don’t solve the problem, our experienced technician can quickly diagnose any electrical issue and make proper repairs.
- Clogged Filters or Blocked Return Registers – If the furnace isn’t making enough heat, or is running too often, a clogged filter blocking return registers is often the cause. You can check these yourself and correct the problem with a new filter or by removing blockages. If those are not the cause of erratic or insufficient heating, our expert technicians can discover the root cause and fix the problem.
- Ignition, Gas Flow and Sensor Problems – Every year our technicians arrive for a service call, only to find that someone has shut off the manual gas valve to the furnace. Homeowners can check this for themselves and turn the valve back on, unless it was turned off by the gas company or by another technician. The ignitor, along with the flame sensor, internal gas valve, and the draft detection sensor can also fail. When that happens, the furnace’s safety features prevent the it from operating. We can quickly diagnose these problems and make a quick replacement of any failed component, usually with parts already in the service van. These repairs will be inexpensive in most cases.
- Main Blower Problems – The main blower circulates all of the air in your home. If it becomes heavily clogged with dirt or if the blower motor develops problems, your furnace may overheat and shut down. Problems with the main blower can also cause intermittent or uneven heating performance. Cleaning the main blower is a simple, affordable solution. If the main blower motor or bearings have failed, however, the repair will take longer and be more costly.
Reliable, Top-Rated Heating Repair Services – Minneapolis St. Paul, MN
If the heating and air conditioning system in your home acts up or stops working during the winter months, you can perform the self-checks described above to see if the problem can be corrected without a service call. If not, our award-winning heating repair service company has the Twin Cities top team of extensively trained, experienced and courteous HVAC specialists ready to respond quickly to your home. Most natural gas furnace repairs are simple and affordable, and your home’s comfort will be restored quickly. Even with more serious problems, our technical service team will explain exactly what needs to be done, give you an accurate, complete cost estimate and make the needed repairs as quickly as possible with your approval. Call us at any time when you need the very best in heating or air conditioning services. You can count on our A+ Better Business Bureau rating and our dedication to complete customer satisfaction.