Why Do You Need Furnace Maintenance Service?
As the leading home heating service company in the Twin Cities, we know that the forced-air heating and central air conditioning system in your home isn’t always on your mind. That’s natural, because today’s HVAC equipment is reliable, quiet, and performs without requiring much attention for many years. Still, like all mechanical systems, it needs regular maintenance and services from time to time. Every homeowner should think about these systems occasionally and call a trusted, professional HVAC contractor when service is needed. Here’s a guide to help you determine how your system is functioning and when you should call us. Follow these guidelines and you’ll be assured of long life and efficient operation for your natural gas furnace:
- Set a DIY Maintenance Schedule – A recurring need for all forced-air heating and air conditioning systems is air filter replacement. The time between filter replacements varies according to the type of filter, but you should mark these intervals on your calendar so you don’t forget this important chore. Changing filters regularly keeps the air in your home clean and maintains the efficiency of your system. Whenever you change filters, it’s a good time to perform the other tasks listed below:
- Clean up the furnace’s exterior and clear away surrounding clutter.
- Operate the furnace or air conditioner and look and listen for changes.
- Look at the flame in the burners. It should be blue, not yellow.
- Check to see if temperatures in your home match the thermostat setting.
- Change the air filter.
- If anything seems wrong, call us for service.
- Get the Recommended Annual Inspections
- Each Fall, call us for an annual inspection and tune-up to prevent costly repairs.
- Each Spring, call for an annual AC cleaning and inspection.
- Have Air Ducts Cleaned as Needed – Clean air ducts help keep your home free of allergens and dust. Keeping air ducts clean also maintains maximum efficiency for your home’s HVAC system. Our air duct cleaning services are thorough and very affordable.
- Monitor Your Furnace and AC Regularly – Get into the habit of paying attention to your heating and cooling equipment frequently. Look at your furnace whenever you are near it. Listen to the sounds it makes when in normal operation. Even though your system is quiet, you can hear it if you listen closely. Check the temperature in your home regularly and compare it with the setting on your thermostat. Keep your carbon monoxide and smoke detector batteries fresh and test the detectors monthly. By being familiar with how your system operates, you’ll be able to notice any changes that may indicate a need for professional attention.
- Call Us If You Notice Anything Unusual – At our Minneapolis St. Paul heating and cooling company, we’re always available to answer any questions about your HVAC system. If you notice any issues that concern you, just give us a call to discuss your concerns. Our experienced representatives will help you decide if a service call is needed.
Since 1991, we have been helping Minnesota homeowners keep their natural gas furnaces running smoothly and efficiently. Our expanded service area includes all suburbs from Golden Valley, Hopkins, Minnetonka and Edina to Wayzata, Robbinsdale, St. Louis Park and Osseo, and from Rosemount, Lakeville, Mendota Heights and Apple Valley to Shakopee, North Oaks, White Bear Lake and Roseville.
Twin Cities Leading Heating and Air Conditioning Contractor
At our Minneapolis locally based heating company, everything we do is based on our commitment to complete customer satisfaction. From our sales and installation of top-quality Carrier and other brands of equipment to meeting our customers needs for all services connected with their HVAC systems, our customers’ needs are our highest priority. On our websites, we strive to provide accurate information that helps consumers make the best possible choices when it comes to their home comfort. Contact us anytime to discuss your heating and air conditioning needs. Wherever you are in the Minneapolis St. Paul area, we’re your neighborhood heating and air conditioning experts.